CHICAGO ELECTRIC BOAT COMPANY
Custom boat reservation system with advanced features.
Sometimes typical booking systems aren’t just enough, and Chicago Electric Boat Company is a great example for that. One of the most popular boat renting companies in the region, they knew exactly which booking options they needed to the moment they decided to reach to us.
So, we not only designed platform for the Web and mobile devices, but also (and it was the main part of our work on this project) created custom reservation system including following features:
- Dynamic calculation of the available time of reservation, based on reservations made and confirmed;
- Synchronization with external calendars, including Google Calendar for which we had to set up push notifications;
- Flexible promotions and promotional codes management system with cost of service recalculated during its provision;
- Flexible payment and tax calculation management system considering current promotions, booking options, number of participants, and other booking configurations;
- Instant online payment via third party payment systems.
It was the first time for us that we kept to the programming style and used method of continuous integration throughout the project. Other agile methods, such as sprint planning, scrum poker, and pair programming, were implemented to the extent allowed by project’s specificity.
It took us four months to finish work on CEB website. During this time, we performed a lot of unitests and automated tests. Main technologies used are MySQL, PHP, Yii, Stripe, HTML5, jQuery, and angularJS.
Mobile app interface